Monday, May 11, 2009

Baby Shower for Itty Bitty

It was quite an eventful weekend here. On Saturday my wonderful family and friends hosted a baby shower for me and Itty Bitty. It was so nice to have all my female friends and family together in one place to help welcome our son. Having all these ladies together at one time doesn't happen very often. I was overwhelmed by everyone's thoughtfulness and generosity. The theme was children's books so Itty Bitty has quite a library already setup thanks to everyone's contributions of books, in addition to lots of other wonderful gifts. Here are just a few of the highlights.

Cake made by my talented sister-in-law

My mom and me

My mom, me, my mother-in-law

Two of my oldest friends--I've known them since kindergarten!

Blanket made by my maternal grandmother

Quilt made by my mother-in-law

Handmade baby carrier made by my brother's mother-in-law

Blanket made by my friend Amy

All the hostesses went together to get the nursery bedding--Yeah!

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful baby shower! We are so blessed.























1 comment:

shelley said...

hi amy,
what a cute cute shower, you got some beautiful gifts! i love the quilts! and the cake looks yummy! wish you well these last few weeks! look forward to the greeting of the new lil one! thanks for stopping by and passing along the org's web address, i am actually looking at getting a bike for my daughter. stop by and say hi anytime!
hugs,
shelley :)